I am announcing my candidacy for HCC Trustee District 5 for this November 7, 2017 election.
I am an employer who is gravely concerned about the state of our college system and where it is heading as headlines hit one after another about HCC board of trustees’ continuous misconduct and now bribery charges. This has been a longstanding issue dating back to 2010 as some trustees are still serving on the HCC Board today.
We need to make changes now, starting with this election. If not, corruption will ride for another 6 years. We cannot afford another 6 years, as the college will continue to spiral downhill. It is imperative that we clean up these atrocious, self-serving activities by removing all corrupted and listless board members and tighten up frivolous spending of millions taxpayer dollars. We need to refocus and get back to the mission and vision of HCC to see students succeed, stay competitive and innovative, and to create a strong momentum to prepare students for the growing global workforce.
Here are the issues:
1. Board members over and over again have been indicted and investigated for:
a. Bribery and accepting of gifts
c. Abuse of public office for personal gain
d. Misappropriation of Bond money to family, personal business and political allies
2. Accreditation of HCC Status is at risk with continuous violations of Principles of
3. HCC is losing its competitiveness to other colleges due to its poor reputation and continuous corruption at board level
4. My opponent continues to impede board work by abstaining from voting and delaying internal investigation efforts. Moreover, he has continues to show little effort to lead even as chair of the audit committee.
5. Poor stewardship of taxpayer dollars continues to be spent on attorney fees and third parties fees.
This is my plan:
1. Refocus and hold board members accountable for following set policies and
procedures for procurement.
2. Re-evaluate and reset stricter guidelines regarding fringe benefits of trustees
3. Collaborate and tighten working relationship with the chancellor and administrative
staff by eliminating a board counsel since we already have an HCC general counsel.
4. Strictly enforce Conflicts of Interest Disclosures and set consequences for violation.
5. Show financial transparency by using an external auditor.
6. Collaborate and increase community and business partnerships to expand student
experience, internships, and career opportunities while gaining private funding and
7. Evaluate and expand programs that are of highest interest to our region such as healthcare and oil/gas/ energy. Our college system allows students to excel and get a jump-start whether to later attend a 4-year college, learn a vocational skill or be trained to better prepare for the growing workforce. Why should you care? Because, this is the future of our city and our workforce. If you are an employer like me, a prepared student with the right skills set will be an asset to our companies. If you are a citizen of Texas, these are the students that will serve you in all areas of services. If you are a parent, you want to be sure this college is reputable, low cost, and innovative to prepare for your young adult’s future.
Here are five ways you can become involved and be part of my campaign:
1. Spread the word to friends and family who reside in HCC DISTRICT 5 to vote for me.
a. EARLY VOTING OCT 23-NOV 3
b. VOTING DAY NOV 7th
2. Allow a campaign sign in your yard: email@example.com
3. Host a fundraiser/meet and greet for friends and colleagues.
4. Join my campaign team to further outreach the community.
5. Donate to my campaign: $5, $25, $100, $500, $1000
a. Nothing is too small. I need your help and every dollar counts.
b. Checks payable to Victoria Bryant, PO BOX 301189, Houston TX 77230
c. Paypal payment: firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Chase Payment: vb@Ambassadorscare.com
e. Online: www.vote4victoria.com/donate
HCC Board of Trustee District 5, encompasses these zip codes:
77005 77030 77063 77019 77036
77027 77042 77096 77094 77401
It would be an honor to have your vote November 7, 2016 for Houston Community College Trustee District 5.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Victoria Bryant, PharmD
vote4victoria.com | email@example.com | 832.356.4222 O | PO BOX 301189, Houston TX 77230
What's Up Houston is a collaboration of Business Owners, Individuals, Citizen Reporters, Bloggers and Writers ! You have something interesting to say or share? Share it with What's Up Houston